Supply chains should be simple. You design a product, source components for manufacture, convert those components into products, ship the products to your end customers and collect the cash.
Starting with a new product, the decisions that need to be taken and processes that need to be put in place are far from simple. Some of the questions start-up companies ask themselves include;
- How do I move from a design stage to selecting a manufacturer? What should I be looking for?
- What specifications do the manufacturers need? What lead times can I expect?
- What certifications will my product need? What information needs to be on my packaging?
- What channels will I use to sell my product? What are the implications of those channel decisions?
- What should I look for in a warehouse and logistics provider? Which providers have experience in dealing with companies such as mine?
- How do I set up my own e-Commerce site? How do I manage selling on Amazon? How do I manage Sales Tax, VAT, Currencies, Languages?
- How do I ship to retailers? What is a routing guide? How do I comply?
- What is the best way to manage returns? How do I manage customer support?
From an early stage, decisions will need to be made around resources, structure, partners and processes. These decisions will impact on costs, lead times, working capital requirements and customer experience.
Experienced Practitioner-Led Engagement
For many companies, whether start-up or rapid growth, the question frequently asked is 'where to start?'
There is often a belief that current systems, processes and even partners will not scale to match the growth ambitions of the company. Furthermore, resources are working hard but may not have the knowledge of how to scale, or the bandwidth to manage the changes required.
PerformanSC brings experienced resources in manufacturing, customs and logistics, sourcing, planning, e-Commerce and channel management to work with the existing teams to put in place the initial processes, select appropriate partners and develop performance reporting and management tools. This practitioner-led approach provides hands-on support through the most critical phases while transferring knowledge to the sustaining team.
Flexible Engagement Model
PerformanSC provides a range of options for engagement to meet the needs of start-up and rapid growth companies:
- Formal assessment of existing supply chain resources, processes, partners and performance in the form of an intensive engagement over a number of weeks. This provides an overview of improvement opportunities and a priority list of supply chain areas that require action.
- Multi-discipline practitioner support for your existing team on a retainer basis to provide access for your team to experienced resources across the supply chain functions, which supports them as they make critical decisions and establish supply chain processes.
- Targeted support to address a particular need, such as logistics and warehouse partner selection, sales and operations planning or systems evaluation.
We encourage companies who may be interested in support, to connect with us to discuss their requirements. From that initial free discussion, we can jointly determine the most appropriate path forward.