Our Authorised Economic Operator (AEO) training course is targeted at individuals and teams employed by economic operators who are responsible for customs, trade, compliance, ﬁnance and supply chain. These companies are involved in the manufacture or movement of products across borders and involved in customs related operations.
PerformanSC has a highly experienced compliance team that has guided dozens of companies in the UK and Ireland through AEO certification.
Our trainers provide insight and expertise in customs regulations and in AEO, which can enhance your training experience with the practical advice needed, in moving forward with your certiﬁcation.
One half day – online
Maximum 10-15 persons
What is AEO?
As a part of the EU Customs code modernisation, customs authorities need to look at more efficient ways to allocate resources using risk based techniques and placing increased reliance on the processes in place within trusted shippers.
Since 2007, customs in the EU have developed an Authorised Economic Operator (AEO) certiﬁcation for companies that could demonstrate a strong track record of customs compliance, processes and systems in order to ensure adequate customs controls, financial solvency as well as physical and security standards.
EU customs have provided options to limit the scope of the AEO certiﬁcation to customs practices only (AEOC) or to product safety and security (AEOS), in addition to a full scope certiﬁcation (AEOF).
Depending on the scope of your operations, it may be appropriate to consider AEOC or AEOF. These deal with subsets of the processes required for the full certiﬁcation, but the associated beneﬁts of AEO are also restricted based on that scope.
For more information on AEO and what is involved, you can follow the link here
What will you learn on this course?
The course provides an understanding of what AEO is, what are its’ beneﬁts as well as how to obtain and maintain certiﬁcation in Ireland.
Included in the learnings of the course are areas such as;
- What is an AEO and what are the types of certification open to my business?
- What are the key benefits to having this certification?
- How does AEO affect multinational companies?
- The application process itself
- AEO self-assessment questionnaire, gap analysis and risk assessment – guidance on how to plan your process towards completing the self-assessment
- Managing your application process across multiple parts of your organisation
- Written procedures and internal processes required by businesses and how to link them into existing quality procedures
- Effects on customs simplifications procedures
- Maintaining compliance – best practices impact of being certified
Who should attend this course?
- Those responsible for customs, trade, quality and compliance
- Procurement and Finance Managers / Directors
- Supply Chain and logistics professionals
- Designated persons who are responsible for compliance with AEO safety and security