Supply chain training
PerformanSC provides introduction to supply chain training, for those working in an organisation’s non supply chain roles
In-house supply chain training course
The course content provides an overview of the elements of a supply chain, its challenges and the key impacts of supply chain developments.
Does everyone in your organisation understand your supply chain and its importance?
Would your team benefit from an overview of the functions, challenges and opportunities in the supply chain?
This in-house course is aimed at everyone from introductory level employees, upwards, providing insights into what a supply chain is. In addition, it delves into its importance as a revenue and new market enabler.
Course Learning Outcomes
The supply chain spans the entire organisation from the sourcing of product, through production and delivery to the customer. In addition, it includes the return of product and the importance of customer relationship management, throughout the chain.
Today’s supply chain is the critical activity in any company, and as such, its basic operation should be understood. Many individuals, working across areas of an organisation such as Sales, Marketing, Finance, Human Resources and others, don’t necessarily understand the full extent of supply chain, and often miss the importance of decisions and their implications on the business.
This training course provides an overview of the supply chain, the challenges and the key impacts of supply chain decisions, in a way that is understandable for everyone. The PerformanSC training team bring many years of hands on experience, across all disciplines within the supply chain, drawing on real-life examples and challenges to provide clarity and understanding to trainees.
The course content can be modified to meet the specific needs of your business. Just reach out to have an initial conversation.
Course duration is one full day
Maximum 10-15 persons
Training is delivered online
The supply chain introduction course covers key areas of a supply chain. It is intended to bring insights and understanding from the very basic level of what the supply chain is, to the impact of technological developments.
Learnings from this course include;
- What is a supply chain?
- Why is it important?
- Which challenges face today’s supply chain decision makers?
- What is a value driven supply chain?
- Order and inventory management
- An introduction to Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and its role in the supply chain
- What is a digital supply chain?
- How does the Internet of Things (IoT) and Artificial Intelligence (AI) affect my supply chain?
Our Supply Chain training program is structured to provide insights and training to your entire organisation, across;
- Sales – the importance of understanding the supply chain in the sales process cannot be understated
- Marketing – a grounding in basic supply chain principles will support the marketing activities of an organisation
- Finance – having an understanding of the supply chain will underpin any pricing and financial decisions made
- Procurement and planning – insights into the supply chain consequences to planning, forecasting, sourcing and procurement
- Manufacturing, Warehousing, Operations and Logistics – whilst directly involved in the day to day running of the supply chain, awareness of the impact of activities on finance, sales, planning, and other areas will enable better alignment across the business
- Human Resources -insight into the end to end supply chain will support the HR approach to expansion, recruitment, retention, staff support
This particular program is aimed at junior to mid-level resources in your organisation, to provide an understanding of the supply chain.