With decades of hands-on experience in customs, logistics, transportation and trade compliance, our Customs Awareness training team brings clarity to your managing of customs requirements.
This Level I customs awareness course is not only suitable for logistics and freight forwarding professionals, but also those responsible for customs, trade, compliance, finance and procurement, as well as supply chain and operations managers.
The training provides an overview of the customs landscape for your supply chain and introduces key areas of customs requirements and obligations, relating to your business.
One half day – Classroom based learning
Maximum 10-12 persons
PerformanSC, Dublin or
Onsite within your business (group training)
Customs Awareness training objectives
The overall objective from this training is that attendees will leave knowing how to identify customs and trade concepts, understand how they apply to your business and find out where to learn more.
- Become familiar with the roles of custom’s authorities
- Recognise the various stakeholders
- Understand some of the key elements of Custom’s and duties frameworks
- Identify the components of custom’s valuation
- Understand the basics of product classification
- Become aware of the impact of product origins and preference protocols
- Gain an awareness of customs special procedures and reliefs
- Have an introduction to the role of AEO and custom’s preferential guarantees
- Recognise the requirements and purpose of custom’s documentation
- Be introduced to EU and US export controls
- Review and discuss potential Brexit impacts
What is covered on this course?
The course provides an introductory awareness of customs concepts and frameworks;
- The role of customs
- Definitions and terms
- Customs and duties framework
- Origin and preference
- Special reliefs
- AEO and customs comprehensive guarantees
- Introduction to customs documentation
- Introduction to EU & US Export Controls
- Potential Brexit considerations
Who should attend ?
Since the subject has broad implications for the business, this course is suitable for those responsible for;
- Customs, trade, quality and compliance
- Procurement and Finance Managers / Directors
- Supply Chain managers
- Operations managers
- Logistics and freight forwarding professionals